Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Buying is For the Weak

For my birthday last year I received a couple dozen sleeves of Taylormade Lethal's. These are very nice balls. I enjoy playing with them and their performance is great. In fact, it is so great that I would like to save them and use them only during tournaments. I decided that I wanted these balls to last me through out the tournaments in my high school years, individually and on the team.

All boxes full of random golf balls.
However, this posed a challenge. I practice way more than I play; so I did not know what to do. I was not going to waste these balls in practice. So one day I decided that I was going to go buy a bulk supply of used garbage balls off eBay. Turns out those "garbage" balls were not cheap at all. I had to grab some balls, and get them fast. I was all out of balls to practice with and was borrowing balls from teammates everyday. Everyone has probably done this but I had such an aha moment it. I guess I am just stupid. But, I share it with you anyway.

Here's what I decided to do. I took my golf clubs and headed over to my local course. I went over right before they closed and started to walk the holes. On each one going through the bushes and water hazards to find every ball I could. When all said and done I found fifty plus balls within the first six holes. Fifty balls was enough to last me a couple weeks. When I ran out (which I didn't) I went back for more. I now have a large collection of "junk" balls that I can go out and practice with. The thing about doing this is that it takes all but forty five minutes. Plus as a bonus more than fifty percent of the "junk" balls were Pro V1's and Taylormades' newest balls such as the Lethals.


No comments:

Post a Comment