Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

No Snow, Golf's A Go

Image Courtesy: Park City Mountain Resort
Due to the lack of snow, skiing has not been good this year. I will take this opportunity to state the fact that I have only been skiing this season five times. I am such a die hard skier. All break long I ski. Whenever I have the opportunity to ski, I am doing it. Not at all. I honestly am one of the worst skiers that there is. The confidence that I have in my skiing is bad due to past experiences, and I just do not enjoy it. However, my parents make me go. I understand that this is ethical. They did pay for a seasons pass after all and I should have used it more. It is amazing to me how much I took snow and skiing for granted. I had the opportunity to sit with a tourist from Taiwan on the lift. It was fascinating how much she was enjoying the garbage snow. She asked me how many times that I had been skiing in the season (keep in mind this was around December or January) and at the time, I had replied none. This was my first time and this lady flipped out!! With the little english that she knew she was going crazy! She asked me why I had not skied and I told her that the snow was not good. She automatically knew from that response that I had to be a local. She gave me some more garbage about how I should be skiing snow. That snow is snow, and all snow is good. This was eye opening. I really didn't think of snow being snow. From then on I realized how much I have taken for granted, and that I need to ski more.

However to be completely honest, winter was only fun for maybe the first three weeks. By then I was done with it, and to say the least it was done with me. Winter in Park City did not last long. At first I found myself complaining that winter was too short. Though with time, clearing driveways, wearing shorts, and thinking about summer. I began to hate the snow.

Jeremy Ranch Golf Course: Image Courtesy The Jeremy Ranch
Despite the hatred of snow, I am starting again to miss it. This happens every year. Sometimes you do not know how much you like something until you do not have it anymore. This happens to be the case in with snow. I have only had those thoughts up until this point. At this point they have died away. This point being the opening day of The Jeremy Ranch Golf Course. This excites me! I can finally be back on the green grass with the clubs that I love. Swinging and swinging and swinging, swing after swing. I went over to the driving range the Saturday after it opened. I am pleased to report that after an hour of practice I stunk. I did better than I think that I would do, due to the fact that stinking is better than failing. On the bright side, spring is finally here and so is golf. Golf is off to a pretty good start, and I am ready for it. Bring on the new season! Here goes nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment