Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

St. George: Come and Gone

Before:
This week Park City students have one of the best breaks. Our break is called "winter break". This break is awesome. While there are some ski bums that stay home and ski on the water that we have this year. Other normal kids, go somewhere where it is warm. I am one of those kids. I have the opportunity to go to St. George Utah. Why do I mention this? I mention this because St. George is supposed to have temperatures in the high 60's and low 70's. In my opinion this is the perfect temperature for golfing. While I would like to say that all I am going to be doing is golfing, this is far from the truth. I enjoy mountain biking as well and the majority of my trip will be filled by doing that.

Bear Claw Poppy: Image Courtesy of MTB Project
Recap:
The first full day I arrived I mountain biked. I biked a trail called Bear Claw Poppy. This trail is really fun we rode it several times and I wrecked on it several times (luckily golf is a safe sport). Sunday I went through grave yards and took pictures of ancestors. On monday I mountain biked and went to a pool. Tuesday was interesting. I biked up to some indian cliff art and then went over to my uncles. At my uncles, I enjoyed helping him move back into his house. He brought with him a tree. Literally a tree that he will use to create bowls and other things. In return for my physical labor, I got what I wanted. Wednesday, I woke up and went golfing at The Ledges. I golfed with my uncle and I did not do so well. I did not keep score so I can not report that side of things. Not that it mattered any way. The golf course that I played was in great condition. The fairways were green which was something that I have not seen in a very long time. I also enjoyed the greens and the course layout was awesome.
The Ledges Golf Course: Image Courtesy The Ledges

St. George was a ton of fun! Everyone should go there to golf at least once. The courses really integrate the red rock and sand stone in cool ways. Most courses in St. George have shots that require you to shoot over a canyon which is also a really awesome experience. Mountain biking was a blast and I really enjoyed it. I just overall loved getting out of the snow and cold and into the sunshine and heat. It felt really good. Being outdoors and active was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment